Quote and buy online
WeeklyCover.co.uk > WeeklyCover Help Desk > Knowledgebase

Search help:

Will I be covered if I drive abroad?


The policy will provide insurance cover required for Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, and during sea journeys between these places. It also provides the MINIMUM cover you need by law to use your vehicle in:

1. any country which is a member of the European Union;


2.any other country for which the Commission of the European Community is satisfied that arrangements have been made to meet the requirements of EC Insurance Directives.


The vehicle must be returned back to the UK within the period of insurance purchased.

For an additional premium, you can extend the insurance cover to Comprehensive

NB: In the event of a claim you will need to provide documentary evidence of the pre-booked return travel clearly showing the registration number of the insured vehicle.

Was this article helpful? yes / no
Related articles Will I be covered if I drive my vehicle abroad?
Article details
Article ID: 57
Category: Green Cards & Foreign Use Cover
Date added: 6-Mar-2012 7:45pm
Views: 1141
Rating (Votes): Article rated 3.1/5.0 (52)

« Go back